Training: 3D Lighting basics | 3D World
Lighting your 3D scenes can be a bit of a black art well here is a short article giving a few tips which you might find useful.
For those of you who would like to find out more about the art of lighting objects and scenes in 3D environment then here are a few books that I can recommend.
Digital Lighting and Rendering by Jeremy Birn (A lot of none platform specific information in this one).
Blender 2.5 Lighting and Rendering by A Powell.
Essential CG Lighting Techniques with 3DS Max by Darren Brooker (though the implementation is in 3DS Max the principles are the same across all platforms).
No related posts.
- Mind-Blowing Research Into Inserting Artificial Objects into Photographs
- Camera RAW and introduction
- Photoshop Keyboard Shortcuts
- Artical Review – Amazing Landscapes using Camera Raw and Photoshop
- Free textures and stock photos& 3D models – online resource
- A Poor mans camera bag (aticle on PhotoTuts)
- An exceptional comic book artwork inspiration
- Resource: Free online stock photography
- Site Review: PhotoshopTutorials.ws
- 3D Reconstruction of Pergamon
About Blayn (27 posts)
Hi my name is Blayn Parkinson I’m a PhotoArtist & Educator, admirer of History, Folklore and learning technologies. Enthusiast of historical re-enactment, aficionado of real ale, fine whisky’s and Tea! Lots of Tea!
I currently work in Higher Education using my creative skills as a Learning Technologist specialising in 3D Graphics and the use of Web2.0 in education. I hold a Bachelor of Arts Degree in Silversmithing & Jewellery from London Guildhall University and a Master of Arts in Computer Animation from Teesside University.